1. What where some of your solutions to What’s the Point?
I had a lot of different ideas for this project, my favorite ideas that i was considering were piercings, existential crisis, sea urchins/aquarium, elf(pointy ears), this one (boy with needles in head)
2. Which solution did you chose and why?
I chose to draw this picture of the pins in the mannequin just because i had a very clear vision of what i wanted it to look like, and i wanted to work on shading and making things look 3D
3. How did you show contrast in your work?
I made the shadows in the mannequin head very dark, especially around the edges of the mannequin
4. What medium did you decide to use? Why did you choose this medium over the others?
I used drawing pencils because it is easier to be precise with drawing penicls than with charcoal, and i needed to have clear points on the needle/pin/things
5. What techniques did you use to create this work?
lots of shading techniques, and i had to figure out how to make the needle/pin/things look like they were popping out
We encourage risk taking in art. Risk taking can be as simple as trying a new technique or learning about a new medium to as complex as trying something totally new.
6. Did you take any risks with this project?
i think so, i believe that the idea i chose to use was a risk.
7. What message are you conveying? How are you convey this message through the use of your images or use of art elements or principles?