Use the follow questions as a guide for your self reflection on the blog. You do not have to answer the questions literally. You may deviate and tell us a story about your journey through this project! We like to read interesting posts too so have fun with this.
1. Explain how you developed your ideas for "Sticky Situation"
2. Were you able to think outside the box when you were thinking about ideas?
3. You were to incorporate repetition, rhytnm or pattern. How did you accomplish this?
4. Describe your choice of media (acrylic, watercolor) and your challenges and successes while using it.
5. How important were the mini lessons to the success of your final product?
This wasn't my original idea for sticky situation, i wanted to paint a picture of a road and then put gum on it, but as i was looking at reference pictures i stumbled upon this picture:
and as soon as i saw it, a picture of four dudes covered in it standing in front of a brick wall popped into my head so i decided to paint it.
I incorporated pattern through the goo and the bricks, and repetition because there are four goopy dudes. I decided to make sure there were little parts of skin showing on the men so that you could tell they were dudes and not just goopy monsters. Im not really sure why theyre covered in goo
i used acrylic which was fairly easy for me because i am comfortable and familiar with acrylic paints. the hardest part was painting the outlines in black because i am not good at not being messy. The mini lessons were very helpful to me and also i learned a lot doing them/they were nice n fun.